Monday, August 30, 2004

Slow news week

Well, its actually been a "too much work" week.

I'm suddenly in the middle of so much "healthcare" stuff. We completed the website redesign for The Heart Institute a couple of days back. We're also currently working on an electronic medical records management system called DGFile which is due for launch in a couple of months time. I was also "researching" (as in - going crazy googling) methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin for one of my relatives.

I'm beginning to understand how delicate and precisely constructed a human body is. Its fascinating - each and every little bone or nerve in one's body has a pre-determined function and if that bone or nerve was just a little bit off the original "specifications" it would lead to the collapse of the body. I must do some background reading on this some day soon.

Over the weekend I wifi-enabled my home. Its cool and cheap - I remember when wifi access points costed over RS 1 lakh (just about 3 years back actually). Now its around Rs 5000 for the access point and USB wifi adapters (ideal for desktops) cost around Rs 2000. Wifi pcmcia cards for laptops cost a little bit more than that. Its not as cheap as it is in the USA or elsewhere but it is getting affordable.

I was watching "Gayab" on DVD this Sunday. An oft-repeated movie concept - guy becoming invisible and then wrecking havoc on the city. I would give it a 3/10 - mostly for the background score and songs. Prawaal Raman (director) did a far better job in "Darna Mana Hai" (a collection of horror short stories).

I'm in the market for a new car, by the way. If you have a suggestion, please feel free to post a comment or send me email. I've been looking at the Hyundai Accent, Tata Indigo, Honda City, ... and many more. My current car (a Santro) has served me well for more than 4 years now and its not even lost its "new car smell" (thats what mom tells me). I guess I have this urge to "preserve and protect" - I still have stuff I got when I was a kid with not a scratch and mostly as good as new.

No comments: