Monday, April 11, 2005

Almost random thoughts

Alright its countdown time again. Just over 4 days to go for me to get my hands on a brand new Dell Axim X50v. The PDA comes with a lot of goodies the least of which is a brilliant color screen.

I upgraded to Windows Media Player 10 after a long wait. Looks pretty good and one thing I noticed immediately was that even video files of low resolution (320x320 or around that) I had downloaded earlier looked better even when the player was maximized to full screen. It also seems to have got sync facility with my Zen Xtra (this was one reason why I didn't upgrade earlier, after reading horror stories about how Media Player 10 and the Creative driver messed each other up, but now they seem to have cleaned up their act). But I still can't figure out how to make it auto-sync.

Talking about figuring out stuff, on the Zen Xtra I'm wondering why I can't find a skip option. That is, while its playing I cannot fast forward or rewind to a certain location in the track. This is almost a given on media players. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place...

BTW if anyone has a Yahoo 360 invite to spare please send me one. I can't wait to check it out.

Check out Google Maps - looks like a cool service in the making. Combines Google's "fuzzy search" with a Mapquest-like maps database and a Terraserver-like satellite database to create something that is pretty easy to use and fast. Just like the Google search.

For those that spend endless hours at the PC (or laptop) try WorkRave - I downloaded it now and it looks neat. A free program, it reminds you when to take a micro-break, coffee break and take off for the day.

And finally here's a new theme for Firefox called Phoenity.

No comments: