Monday, November 01, 2004

D1 to H8

No, I'm not trying to make illegal chess moves. I'm referring to the move we (parents and I) made from our old apartment (Flat no. D-1) to a new one (Flat no. H-8) on 27th October. The place is in the same apartment complex but in a different block. All of last week was spent first packing and then later unpacking into the new house. The new place is bigger and is on the second floor (yes I get some much needed exercise climbing up and down the stairs!).

When something new comes into one's life, one tends to view with a certain amount of anticipation and excitement. Whether this be a new house, a new piece of equipment, a new person and so on. You tend to associate new entries into your life with new beginnings - a chance to do things differently. A new entry brings with it renewed hope (one is like "Hey, see this new --- is now in my life. I know things will be ok now.") and enthusiasm ("Hey, I have this new ---. Its so cool I can't stop talking about it.").

I think everyone, once in a while, needs something completely new to remind us to shake off the mundane routine.

When it rains it pours. Chennai has been the focus of the Gods for about a week (or more). Rains going on and off every half hour. Rains, according to me, are a "speed-breaker" to life. Last week while driving to office, I was observing the rains and the people all around me. It was as though the world was moving in slow motion. I watched a bus take a slow turn into the nearby street. I watched a man walk in the rain with a basket hanging on to the hook of his umbrella. I watched a poor guy, both legs paralyzed, crawl along the water filled roads...

That brings me to another thought. What is it in a person that gives them the urge to live, to fight and to survive? I know this has been debated several million times, but I still can't figure out the "real answer". Perhaps you could post your thoughts here or send me an email.

Check mate? :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amigo, enjoy the new beginning !
Part B to your inbox :P
Cuidate
Carito