Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Books anyone?

A friend recommended Rapid Development by Steve Mc Connell. The book looks good judging from the preview I got here.

So what did I do? I went and bought the book on Amazon.com. And that was my first Amazon.com buy. (fanfare) Alright, I'm a disgrace to humanity for not having bought anything from Amazon.com for so long. Well atleast I made a start now. And Amazon.com being what it is promised to give me free shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States if I bought a Post-It Notes pack. So I went and bought that as well and now the book and a pack of 300 Post-It Notes are on their way to an undisclosed location in the USA from where they'll be sent via underground channels to India. Let me see if thats cheaper than asking Amazon to ship direct to here.

And while I was trying to add the book to my AllConsuming.net list I found that the service was down. Its a pity. I've posted a note there offering to help setup their server again. Lets see what happens.

No comments: