Saturday, September 25, 2004

Guilty as charged

Yes, I am guilty of not blogging for over ten days now. I guess the mundane world is swallowing me up. What happened to the promised land of long one sentence paragraphs, ramblings and other such things? Well, they took a backseat while I went about putting out one fire after the other (figuratively, not literally).

But I guess I can now afford to look back and say that every problem is a blessing in disguise. Here's something I learnt - if there's a problem looming (not necessarily for you but even for someone else), go right ahead and get into the thick of it and solve it. You'll earn the admiration and respect of all involved. And when the time comes someone will help you out of yours.

I have this crazy feeling I can sense the thoughts and experiences of other people. Just one of those wierd things that I keep thinking about. Sometimes even without anyone telling me anything I seem to "know" how they feel or what they are going through or what they intend to say.

Countdown to Sony V505 (yes I am finally going to get one) - 4 days to go.

The past two weekends I saw "Munnabhai MBBS" and "Lakshya". Both are good. Munnabhai MBBS was pretty hilarious and at the same time thought provoking (especially when it comes to the thought of caring for others).

I watched "Ayutha Ezhuthu" today. I liked it a lot, though that couldn't be said for some others (especially my Dad) who saw the movie with me. Mani Ratnam is the best director around (in my humble opinion) and he is not afraid to experiment with new formats when it comes to presenting a movie. This movie goes back and forth in time while it chronicles the events in the lives of 3 persons (sort of like "Alaipayuthey" - another good movie from Mani Ratnam). I will watch it again, especially to understand the elements that went into making the film (editing, direction, photography, sound, screenplay, etc).

By the way, we host the Ayutha Ezhuthu website (as well as other Mani Ratnam movie websites like Kannathil Muthamittal etc).

Sometimes I feel that seperations are inevitable so why should one be afraid or disappointed by them? Which is why perhaps now seperations are not so hard to handle (regardless of which aspect of my lifeit affects).

I am thinking if I should change the overall layout of my blog. I've had some people (like j2deep - who wants me to help him redesign his blog) tell me they get inspired by my blog layout and elements in this page. So perhaps its time to raise the bar a bit. :)

I stumbled upon this site called StumbleUpon. Check it out - its pretty interesting if you have a lot of time on your hands. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have my admiration and respect for the quality of person that you had show me you are...an honor to call you San!

Anonymous said...

Carito!!!