Friday, July 30, 2004

Audioscrobbler, a blog preview and other thoughts

I signed up for audioscrobbler.com and got myself their iTunes plugin today. Its pretty neat, audioscrobbler will send info on the songs you play to its server which then displays it on a page for others to see. See my audioscrobbler page here. You can also get this page by using the link under the "Music" section on the right. That "Click here" link will have to do till I find out how to display my last ten songs on this blog page itself. Audioscrobbler also promises to show you music recommendations based on songs you've played (sort of like how Amazon.com shows you "Customers who bought this book also bought" items).

People are actually asking me what I am going to write about next in my blog!! Ok so for those that can't wait, here's a preview of what's going on in my mind:
  • I'm thinking music (like I always do!) and thinking of selling an experience instead of a product
  • I'm thinking project management and how hard it is to "under-promise/over-deliver" versus "over-promise/under-deliver"
  • I'm thinking viruses (the computer variety)
  • I'm thinking about the Indian Government's budget offer of education loans without collateral
Some or all of this will come out in the open on this blog one day or the other.

Its funny but I think Indians are now colonising the English language (sweet revenge?). This news item says 80 new Indian words including words like "filmi", "bhelpuri" and "swadeshi" have been added to the Oxford Dictionary (taking the total of Indian words in the venerable dictionary to 700). I wonder why they left out out "pav bhaji" (my favorite junk food). How would you like your pappodums today?

Night Shyamalan's next movie "The Village" is out today! There are a range of reviews, but I will have my own opinion to share once I watch the movie. I loved his Signs, Unbreakable and Sixth Sense, by the way.

No comments: