Sunday, September 18, 2005

More cool stuff

Here's stuff I found on my travels through the Internet today.

LifeHacker.com - downloads, websites and shortcuts to save time.

LifeHack.org - this is a similar sounding site on productivity and "getting things done".

MinimizeToTray - this Firefox extension allows the Firefox browser to be minimized to tray.

AJAX - this technology has been made popular by Google via its various services such as Google Maps and Google Suggest. Here's a good example of a web-based service developed using AJAX.

OneLook reverse dictionary - describe a concept and get back a word. Simple.

Google Blog Search - Finally Google unveils a specialized search for just the blogs. I searched for my name and found a link to my blog and also this post on another blog.

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions - Yes Microsoft actually gives away "express" versions of its Visual Studio software (includes free versions of Visual Basic 2005, Visual C# 2005, etc).

No comments: