Sunday, January 16, 2005

Kaadhal and some other thoughts

I was watching the "Kaadhal" movie today evening. Extremely good performances and brilliantly natural direction. Most, if not all, actors and technicians in the movie are on their debut. And this has brought the best out of them. Most Tamil movies these days are crap but I would give this movie a 9 out of 10.

The end of a 3 day holiday is near. Looking back I'm wondering why I slept through most of it, being the insomniac that I am. :-)

I'm wondering why software developers release stuff without even basic testing and usability analysis. I was using Hotmail some time back and decided to click on to the "My MSN" link when I was done reading email.

What greeted me was a new version of the My MSN home page where one could customize the content according to one's interests. I decided to give this a try and clicked the "Change content" link and browsed through the sections on offer.

Clicking through to the "Astrology" section I was surprised to find it filled up with dummy content titled "XXX - No use". Clearly some lazy programmer was responsible for this. I really didn't expect such bad quality output from MSN. See my next blog post for a screenshot.

No comments: